Dr. Behnam’s Philosophy:
Dr. Sean says: “I only perform one hair transplant surgery daily to make sure that every aspects of the procedure is preformed with the highest care so each patient gets the best possible results”.
Beyond surgery, Dr. Behnam’s philosophy revolves around providing the highest care and the most artistic results. He performs only one surgery a day to make sure none of his staff technicians feels rushed through the procedure. For Dr. Behnam, it is all about the artistic quality.
The process actually begins from the consultation. Dr. Behnam performs a comprehensive, thorough consultation that includes a hair loss exam. Please read why you should attend consultation to see an in-depth analysis of the procedure. The most important part of our consultation is accurate calculation of the number of hair grafts you might need for correct costing. This calculation must not be too low and must not be too high. It must be just right.
During the consultation, Dr. Behnam performs a microscopic hair analysis, density analysis, hair mapping and creates a master plan to address your hair loss problem. Please see “Consultation and Examination” to read more on microscopic hair analysis, density analysis, and hair mapping.
On the day of the procedure, he makes sure enough time is dedicated to explaining all aspects of the procedure so the patient has a clear understanding of what will be achieved. There are NEVER surprise charges on the day of the procedure.
Following the procedure, you will have access to his direct cell number so you are able to reach him at any time. He prefers to see his patients many times over the following two weeks to make sure everything is going well. He does not charge for follow up visits.
His long dedication to all his patients, past and present, have won him the Patients Choice Award and Compassionate Doctor Award.
Dr. Sean is a fellow researcher, an innovator, a teacher, and an artistic leader. Over the past few years, he has modified significant steps in hair restoration surgery for its aesthetic value. He has also made the process easier for patients. His intense effort in modifying hair transplant practice has lead to less downtime, minimal to no swelling after the procedure, minimal scabbing, no bruising, and better patient experience overall. Dr. Behnam’s patients who have had previous procedures elsewhere say that his care and attention to artistic details make the experience in his clinic a total joy. Dr. Behnam’s patients describe it as relaxing, rejuvenating, and an artistic transformation. (Please see video testimonails).
Dr. Behnam invites you to a complimentary consultation, please call 1-888-543-8424 to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Behnam completed his training at the top US medical schools and residency programs followed by an intense training in hair restoration at the Distefano Hair Restoration Centers.
- University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for Undergraduate Education
- Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) for Medical School
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF-Fresno) for Residency
- Distefano Hair Restoration Centers for Hair Transplant Training
Come and see why thousands of people attend Dr. Behnam hair loss consultations. He has 7 southern California locations.
See Dr. Behnam’s Publications In:
- Skin Med
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology
- Journal of Drugs in Dermatology
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology
- Journal of American Academyof Dermatology (JAAD)
- Psoriasis Forum
- Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy
- Journal of Organic Chemistry
- Shahrad M Behnam MD, Shahdad E Behnam MD, John Koo MD. TNF-Alpha inhibitors and congestive heart failure. Skin med, 2005, Nov-Dec;4(6):363-8.
- Janeate Waller, Frank Dreher, Shahrad Behnam et al. Keratolytic properties of benzoyl peroxide and retinoic acid resemble salicylic acid in man. Skin Pharmacol Physio, 2006;19(5):283-9.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Alcohol as a risk factor for psoriasis. Cutis, 2005, Sep;76(3):181-5.
- Nicholas Golda, Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD. Rebound of psoriasis during treatment with efalizumab. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 2006 Jan;5(1):63-5.
- Hongbo Zhai MD, Shahrad M Behnam, Issa Villarama MD, Michaela A Corell MD, Howard I Maibach MD. Evaluation of the antioxidant capacity and preventive effects of a topical emulsion and its vehicle control on the skin response to UV exposure. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, 2005, October, Vol 18, 288–293.
- Steven R Feldman MD PhD, Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Quality of life in patients with atopic dermatitis and psoriasis. Journal of American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD), 2005, July, Volume 53(Suppl 1), S78-85.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Psoriasis and smoking. Skin Med, 2005, May-June, Vol 4(3), 174-6.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Review of cyclosporine immunosuppressive safety data in dermatology patients after two decades of use. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 2005, March-April, Vol 4(2), 189-94.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Mechanism of action of biologics for treatment of psoriasis. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, August, Vol 10(2), 10-11. (Psoriasis Forum is not yet indexed, but is available upon request)
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Acitretin’s new package insert addresses combination with phototherapy. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, August, Vol 10(2), Page 9.
- Joshua A Zeichner MD, Shahrad M Behnam, Denise R Smith, Vandana K Madkan, John Koo MD. Etanercept: Questions and Answers. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, August, Vol 10(2), Pages 4-6.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Psoriasis and suicidal ideation. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, May, Vol 10(1), Page 14.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Doug Fife, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Safety of cyclosporine treatment in psoriasis patients. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, November, Vol 10(3), page 10.
- John Koo MD, Shahdad E Behnam, Shahrad M Behnam. The efficacy of tazarotene monotherapy and combination therapies for psoriasis. Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy, 2003, December, Vol 4(12), Pages 2347-2354.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, Kaori Ando PhD, Nora Green, Kendal Houk PhD. Stereoelectronic, torsional, and steric effects on rates of enolization of ketones. Journal of Organic Chemistry 2000, December, Vol 65, Pages 8970-8978.
Published Abstracts and Presentations at National Conferences:
- Shahrad M Behnam, Issa Villarama MD, Frank Dreher PhD, Howard I Maibach MD. American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, The keratolytic effects of short term salicylic acid on the stratum corneum, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P78.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha inhibitors and congestive heart failure; clinical trials, post marketing surveillance and FDA Medwatch data, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P201.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD, Arrianne Chavez-Frazer MD, Grace Bandow MD. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study using the standard Psoriasis Area Severity Index (PASI) to evaluate the efficacy and safety of oral PUVA in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P172.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD, Dana Bae, Robert Dubois MD PhD. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, Immunomodulators and immunosuppressors. Introducing a new classification system for agents down regulating the immune function, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P187.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD, 10th Annual International Psoriasis Symposium, Toronto, Canada, Mechanism of action of UVB phototherapy for the treatment of psoriasis, June 2004.
- Hongbo Zhai MD, Shahrad M Behnam, Clarissa D Villarama MD, Michaela A Corell MD, Myeong J Choi PhD, Howard I Maibach MD. The 5th Las Vegas Dermatology Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, Antioxidative capacity of a topical emulsion versus its vehicle, November 2004.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD. American Federation for Medical Research, Western Regional Meeting, Carmel, CA, The negative effects of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis on quality of life of patients, 2004, February, Volume 52(1).
- Shahdad E Behnam, Shahrad M Behnam, UCLA Annual Science Poster Day, Los Angeles, CA, Stereoelectronic, torsional, and steric effects on rates of enolization of ketones, 1998, May, Page 53.
Insider Pages Reviews for Sean Behnam MD
I have been been losing my hair for many years now. I have been looking to do transplants for a while. Didnt know who to trust. I checked out a lot of hair transplant sites and it seems that doctors have to pay to be part of them… I went to various docs, but didnt feel the connection. I Saw Dr Behnam on Fox 11. I was impressed by his work. Im still contemplating soing surgery, but so far i’ve met with dr sean 3 times and it has been going better than expected. He listons to my concerns and every session we have spent about 45 minuted talking about my hair transplant. So far, I think I will go with him…He is more expensive than the average. but quality is more important to me. He gives his direct cell phone to me after the procedure and that make me feel comfortable. So far after 3 meeting with him, he is a 5 star….
June 23, 2011
At first I was scared and somewhat sceptical of the procedure, but once I went through the process I was surprised and happy that it didn’t leave any marks on my scalp. I feel very happy and satisfied with the doctor and with his team or surgeons. It is very satisfying to see how the result have changed my life and helped me have very high hopes. I am living happier with my life and next to my wife. I would recommend this to anyone who feels insecure or who needs a little bit of a push to go ahead and get this procedure done. It is very professional and with magnificent results. It will bring you happiness and to those around you who walk next to you in life, and this is why I took the chance to say thank you to the doctor for changing my life. In the mean time you should see my photos and the way I have been improving day by day. If you guys have any questions you can email me. I just want to tell you my life now has taken another path with a brighter horizon.
May 28, 2011
had previous hair transplant by another doc. But had poor result. Came to Dr shawn behnam for 2nd opinion. He did my 2nd procedure. A bit more expensive, but got twice as much hair that the last doctor did. I was inhis office from 7am-6pm. Last time, it only took 2-3 hours. I jyst had my 7 month folowup with dr benham and the results are great. Im very happy. More expensive than other places, but the quality is much better, better results.
May 22, 2011
I am delighted to write a review for Dr Sean Behnam. Very professional. I had a great experience. I had a hair transplant by a doctor in Oregon 4 years ago. it turned out to be OK, i got 1,200 grafts. I came to see Dr Sean 2 year ago because the transplanted hairs were not dense. He said he would get over 2,000 grafts. he showed me a special scalp excercise and he got over 2400 grafts. It now looks great. He was not pushy and disnt rush me into the procedure. I had to do my scalp excercice for 4 weeks before he scheduled me for the procedure. Im glad i found someone who cares more about patients than just $.
May 22, 2011
★★★★★I am delighted wih my hair restoration
After seeing an advertisment in L A Times, I went to Dr. Behnam clinic for Hair Restoration out of curiosity. I am a senior citizen and did not make any sense for me to do hair restoration. But, after talking to Dr. Behnam I was so impressed that I decided to go for it. Now I am happy that I did it. I will highly recommend Dr. Behnam, who is a true professional and highly skilled in his profession, to any one who is thinking about hair restoration.
April 25, 2011
the day was long but the doctor and staff were tereffic. I can’t wait to go outside in the sun and not put a lot of lotion on my scalp. Thanks guys , you were wonderful. N.S.
April 22, 2011
Dr. Sean Behnam is a very caring and sincere hair transplant specialist who has done my hair restoration surgery. I’m very happy and pretty satisfied for the results of the procedure. Dr. Ben Behnam who Dr. Sean Behnam’s brother is very accommodating and professional just like Dr. Sean Behnam. They both do a terrific job in helping keep their patients young looking and optimistic. The staff are very courteous, complian, thoughtfult and cooperative that they make me feel welcome everytime I come for laser therapy too. I would recommend Dr. Sean Behnam for hair restoration and Dr. Ben Behnam for dermatology needs and issues. I so impressed, contented and convinced that I would like to come back for more treatment and hair restoration surgery with Dr. Sean Behnam that I highly recommmend him to both men and women who needs hair restoration or hair transplantation.
April 22, 2011
Dr Behnam performed the hair transplant procedure on me, I was so impressed by his knowledge,experia\ence,precission and down to earth personality.during the procedure. The procedure was almost painless.The next day ,I felt no pain what so ever…….I highly recommend to any one who is intrested
April 22, 2011
I have just completed my hair transplant procedure. I am very pleases with the excellent care received by Dr. Behnam and his staff. Iam looking forward to the hair growth Iam sure will result. Dr. Behnam takes all the time you need to understand the procedure.His patients leave with his personal cell number which enables you to reach at any time
April 21, 2011
★★★★★Dr. Sean Behnam “The Best of the Best”
Doctor Alan B.
As a professional, I am very cautious about who I use for any medical procedure. I was lucky enough to be recommended to Dr. Sean Behnam M.D. He is truly a Master in the Hair Restoration field. Everyting about Dr. Behnams procedures are “State of the art”. His staff of caring, professionals are the best you will find. I had the procedure done very recently and am extremely satisfied.
My transplant procedure was all done on the same day and every thing went perfectly. The entire process was carried out with pin point accuracy. And the best part was that there was Minimal Disconfort. Dr. Sean Behnam is truly “The Best of the Best”
I am a very tough critic and I Recommend him at the highest level.
April 21, 2011
Google Plus Reviews For Dr. Sean Behnam
|Chris G Kreuz reviewed 4 months ago|
|My name is Chris Kreuz and heard Dr Behnam hair Restoration procedure and have always wanted to get this procedure. Since i met Dr. Behnam he made me feel very comfortable in my consultation and I decided to get the procedure done this week . I could not believe their was no pain to the procedure and his staff and every part of the experience was above my expectations . I have probable only done a review twice before so for me to right a review. I highly recommend the procedure don’t put it off and only go to Dr. Behnam you will feel well taken care of it. Chris Kreuz President West Coast Media Group, LLC|
|A Google User reviewed 7 months ago|
|I had a great experience with Dr. Behnam. Not only was hos staff friendly and knowledgeable, but walking into the office completely put me at ease. I was skeptical at first about what he could do for me, but after a consultation with Dr. Sean, I was well informed and impressed at the advances he’s made in African-American restoration. I would recommend his office to anyone looking to have a modern treatment with minimal to no scarring. The guy’s a life saver!!!!! Thank you!|
|A Google User reviewed 7 months ago|
|I had a hair transplant done by Dr Sean in 2010. I never write a review. I am very please. I was completely bald. I had a hair transplant in 2007 by another doctor, but it didnt take so well. I was very skeptical. I was left with big plugs in the front of the scalp. Then, I was referred to Dr Behnam by a friend of mine. I went to see him. I was surprised that he spent 2 hours planning, desining. I was convinced that this is the doctor to fix up my previous blunder. So in Jan 2010, I had a hair transplant. The day went very well, almost painless. The difference was amazing from the begining. It has now been 1 year 3 months, the hair has grown out. Dr Shawn Benham has fixed the plugs. The hair translplant looks very natural. I can go out again. I have regained my social life. The doctor makes such a huge difference. I have already reccommended Dr Behnam to a lot of my friends and consistently have the same results. Highly recommended.|
|A Google User reviewed 8 months ago|
|Overall Very good|
|Dr. Behnam and Staff are Great, and they make you feel very comfortable, This was my first experience with hair lost and the whole nervousness, and Dr Behnam made me feel more at eases and took his time going over all of my Questions they are first class Honest good people, i would recommend them to anyone looking for a great Hair Transplant or dermatologist, I just had my Transplant and i feel great and at ease i went to a few well know groups and was asked for more money and less work, Dr. Behnam’s office is First class in my book and to be in California with Honorableness and real concern is Rare ..|
|A Google User reviewed 10 months ago|
It was awesome working with Dr. Behram. He was very thorough and explained every detail of the procedure. He took me step by step through what I should expect, and was beyond accurate. Dr. Behram and his staff are friendly and make the whole experience very comforting.
Liked: Service, Value
|A Google User reviewed 11 months ago|
|I never really considered myself a transplant candidate before now. Anyway, had my procedure with Dr. Behnam yesterday and everything went well. No pain whatsoever and his staff and technicians were professional and courteous, answering all my questions while working efficiently. My only disappointment was my graft count, which was less than expected (due to low density in donor area). After the procedure was completed the doctor explained the lower than expected graft count and even refunded part of the cost back to me. Oh well, I would have preferred the grafts instead, but he could only work with what he had. I would highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this type of procedure.|